On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 01:25:30AM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 01:16:46AM +0200, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 03:31:32PM -0400, George Koehler wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Try running "make update-plist" to add new files like libsbcl.so.0.0
> >
> > I am trying this now. Is there a quick way to try an updated
> > pkg/PLIST ?
> > Or one has to clean up and rebuilt the port in order to see the effect
> > of the update?
>
> Since you changed the PLIST, you'll need to remove what was cached in
> the PLIST_REPOSITORY:
>
> make clean=plist
>
> Then create a new package from the fake directory you already have:
>
> make repackage
>
> then remove what you have installed and install the new package to test:
>
> make reinstall
>
> To iterate with the built sources without rebuilding from scratch,
> make clean=fake might be useful. All these are documented in the
> bsd.port.mk(5) manual.

Thanks, that's very useful.
Turns out that "make install" (and friends) silently reject libFOO.so in
PLIST, it really wants libFOO.so.X.Y.
Few more questions.

1) Is there a standard way to set up .so's major.minor version
in the port, and propagate it to the build?
(hardcoding major.minor in several patched places is a pain, obviously)

In port's makefile I now have a line

SHARED_LIBS +=  sbcl                              0.0

- is this "0.0" being stored somewhere usable?

2) What is the easiest way to create acceptable to the build system patches
in patches/ ?
I just do "git diff > patchifile" and manually edit patchfile, but
that's clearly suboptimal.

Dima