On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:22:27 +0200,
Sebastien Marie wrote:

> Kirill A. Korinsky <kir...@korins.ky> writes:
> >
> > Which requires at least this patch
>
> yes. I already have sent to upstream the full support for
> --with-sb-linkable-runtime.

And you was in 20 seconds early than me with backporting to launchpad :)

> > But this approach requires some work inside sbcl build system.
>
> I thought of that too, but I am still unsure it will solves the issue
> (at least directly). Yes, the stumpwm package will be update
> automatically, but because of WANTLIB change.

and we introduced a fix for this and similar issue without to many changes.

> I am unsure a binary linked with old libsbcl.so will be runable with a
> newer libsbcl.so. It might be something to try...

...the only issue that upstream should start to add soname with version of
library that means to think about ABI stability.

Thus, mixing an instability of ABI from .so and internal format from .fasl
seems like a night mare to support.

--
wbr, Kirill