Martijn van Duren writes:
> Back in 2018 Jasper explicitly disabled wxWidgets on vbam so it wouldn't
> accidentally get picked up. I reckon it would be worth it to enable it
> explicitly, since it would build the visualboyadvance-m binary.
>
> Not only brings it some menu options which allows you to change things
> at runtime, it also brings in some features I couldn't find in vbam:
> most notably the link (network) option. Without it battling your
> friends, or completing your pokedex will be impossible. :-)

I agree, we should provide the wx frontend since it has extra features.

> I placed visualboyadvance-m inside the vbam package for quick testing,
> but considering it pulls in extra dependencies and is its own thing
> it might be cleaner to put it in its own subpackage.

I agree, we also provide separate packages in similar cases like mgba
and mgba-qt.

The hard part :) is what to name the wx package. We shouldn't call it
"visualboyadvance-m" after the executable, because nobody looking at
the package names will know the difference between the "vbam" and
"visualboyadvance-m" packages. So maybe vbam-wxwidgets?

> +@tag update-desktop-database
> +@tag gtk-update-icon-cache %D/share/icons/hicolor

Needs additional RUN_DEPENDS.