>After updating to -current on 8th Jan, I noticed that whenever I mounted a usb
>memory stick formatted as msdos, >gvfsd-trash would get out of control and
>chew up all available cpu (top shows it starting about 2% or something >small
>then steadily climbing). This would stop if I use top to kill the process.

I forgot to mention that the same time this started happening, it was no longer
possible to unmount usb memory sticks (while logged into xfce4), without using
the "umount -f" option. This is now necessary whether using UFS or MSDOS (and
was not with 6 Jan or earlier -current).

Seems related since this "gvfsd-trash" creature is spotted at the scene of the
crime.

eg using ufs:

# mount /dev/sd5i

# umount /dev/sd5i
umount: /mnt/data: Device busy

# fstat /mnt/data/
USER     CMD          PID   FD MOUNT        INUM MODE       R/W    SZ|DV NAME
brett    gvfsd-trash 19688   28 /mnt/data        2 drwxrwxr-x   r      512
/mnt/data/
brett    gvfsd-trash 19688   31 /mnt/data        2 drwxrwxr-x   r      512
/mnt/data/