On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 07:43:07PM +0400, Nikita Kipriyanov wrote:

> Victor Duchovni ??????????:
> >Consider setting a null-mx record for the system's
> >host name:
> >
> >     ahost.example.com       IN MX 0 .
> >

> As I understand things, it simply forces a 'fallback to A record', like
> when there is no MX records...

When MX records exist, no A records are used. The "." value may not
work reliably on all systems, you could use "localhost." or
"localhost.example.com.", ...

The idea is to preclude all plausible traffic to your host from legitimate
MTAs that use DNS to locate mail servers for a domain. If you have a real
MX server for the host's name, use that instead.

--
        Viktor.