On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 08:42:24PM +1100, Michael Pasqualone wrote:

> ldap-aliases.cf contains:
>       server_host = directory.abcd.com.au
>       search_base = dc=abcd,dc=com,dc=au
>       version = 3
>       query_filter = (uid=%u)
>       result_attribute = uid
>       result_format = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       bind = no
>
> So basically, how do I construct the ldap query_filter, or
> result_format as such that it only returns the UID it basically
> matches within the query? So if UID=testuser and it matches someone's
> UID, then the result should only be [EMAIL PROTECTED] and not
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ,[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pick *any* single-valued attribute in the LDAP record for the user(s).

    result_attribute = i_am_an_always_present_single_valued_user_attribute

Ignore this result_attribute and set the result_format to use the original
lookup key:

    result_format = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html

--