*From:* Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemática <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*To:* postfix users list <postfix-users@postfix.org>
*Sent:* Monday, October 27, 2008 7:22:14 PM
*Subject:* Anomalies with e-mail (Postfix + Gmail).

Ladies and gentlemn, I'd like to ask about a little problem quite curious.

This is the situation: 2 local users (user1 and user2) are exchanging
mail with an external user (user3); each one using their own local
account. The local users has also Gmail accounts and send mail through
these accounts (again, each user using their one). By the way, to do
this, they use the Gmail webpage.

So, some days ago user3 sent me a mail (as I'm the postmaster of the
domain) telling me he received a big amount of copies of the same mail
user1 and user2 sent to him. It was like these 2 mails user1 and user2
sent to him "became" many more (note: user1 and user2 sent different
mails, not the same one). user3 told me he received about 80 copies of
each one.

I'm trying to figure out the source of the problem. What is driving me
mad is that these mails was not sent through the local SMTP (Postfix
2.3.8 running in a Debian Etch box), nor an external SMTP. It was sent
through the Gmail webpage.

Both users has a .forward file in their homedir and mail is being
forwarded to the Gmail account.

Ok... that's all.

Suggestions?!

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva
Administrador Junior de Sistemas Unix

Hmmmm... very interesting. I did not talk with user3 (the external user) and can not say if this problem just happens when users from the local network send mails to him. So, let's do it.

Another interesting point is that both user1 and user2 (the local ones, sending mail to the external user) are sending mail through Gmail.

I can not also say if user3 is using POP or IMAP to read mail, that's another point to check.

By the way, one can not always be sure of what the users are really doing. :) It's time to grab more information.

Greetings.