James Homuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm contemplating switching my email over to be hosted myself, and am
> wondering what the best/easiest way to accomplish what I'm thinking to do
> might be. Currently I don't have all that many email addresses on the
> system, but that might change at some point soon. What I'd like to be able
> to do, without going entirely into a deep level of complication, is to set
> up a manner in which users can send/receive email without needing to have
> shell access. I'm the only person who currently has/needs shell access in
> our current situation, and I intend to make it the same when I make the
> transition. I've done some googling, but 90% of the results I come up with
> involve anything from your basic SQL implementation to postfixadmin plus
> this or that plugin. MySQL is optional, but not a requirement so long as
> Postfix can put the mail somewhere and Courier can pick it up from said
> somewhere. Any suggestions/pointers would be helpful. Web interfaces are
> again, an option but not required. It'd be nice, but if I can do same via
> command line, I'm certainly not going to shy away from it. I look forward to
> any help/hints/tricks.

You do not need to bother with SQL; hash files should be just fine.  You
should read http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html, specifically the
section titled "Postfix virtual MAILBOX example: separate domains,
non-UNIX accounts".  After reading that document and experimenting
yourself, ask for help here following the instructions in
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail.

--
Sahil Tandon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>