Hi,

I've got a number of remote branches that send mail. for the users using a mail client, it's no problem to use SMTP auth. For the less intelligent FAX machines that send FROM: the local address but TO: somewhere else I think I need postfix to serve as a relay for those machines.

I think I can fix it by setting
check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/remotebranches
BEFORE reject_unauth_destination with the IP addresses of each of the branches listed as OK.

I end up with:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient
        reject_non_fqdn_sender
        reject_unknown_sender_domain
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain
        permit_mynetworks
        permit_sasl_authenticated
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/remotebranches
        reject_unauth_destination
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
        check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_checks
        reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net
        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
        reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org

Is that the best/right way to solve this?

thx.

Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net