Brad Koehn via Postfix-users:
> I'm trying to deliver email with Postfix 3.7.10 using `qmqpd`.
> Unfortunately when I do this, the email is often unreadable by a
> variety of email clients.

I suppose you mean "receive" mail with Postfix using qmqpd.

> Curiously, if I deliver the same email directly to Dovecot via
> LMTP, clients have no issue with the message. I expected the
> opposite to be the case: by bypassing all the cleanup functionality
> my emails would be harder to read.
>
> I'm early in my investigation, but I was wondering what might be
> going wrong? I notice for starters that the version I deliver via
> QMQP has the `Content-Length` header removed; th LMTP version
> preserves it.

This is configurable with message_drop_headers (default: bcc,
content-length, resent-bcc, return-path). But I think you have worse
problems.

> In another case, the QMQP version has an extra CRLF before the
> "This is a multi-part message in MIME format" text, which I believe
> makes it unrenderable; the LMTP version doesn;t have that extra
> line

Your message is malformed: there was no empty line after the last
header line. When email is out-of-spec, it may not be delivered
in it malformed state.