> On Apr 23, 2024, at 12:08, Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users
> <postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 11:46:22AM -0700, Doug Hardie via Postfix-users wrote:
>
>>> RFC 3676 addresses this.
>>
>> That was an amazing and helpful response.  RFC 2045 showed exactly
>> what caused the problem.  When the message was delivered to a file,
>> the CRLFs were replaced by \n.  An = followed by a \n is not a valid
>> soft return.  I am going to have to parse the text and fix that.
>
> In a quoted-printable MIME body that is stored in a UNIX mailbox file,
> "=<LF>" *is* a soft line break.  Your MIME parser  should treat it as
> such, accepting not only "=<CRLF>", but also "=<LF>".

I must be interpreting this wrong because it appears postfix is not accepting
that.  Here is the complete process.  A message arrives at my MTA addressed to
a specific address.  Postfix delivers that message to a pipe to my process
which reads the pipe and stores everything in a file.  Portions of the text of
that message are extracted and then sent using SMTP to port 25 on my MTA with
new recipients.  The

are forwarded exactly as received.  The resulting message is delivered to
multiple recipients including me.  There I see the =LF in the message text.

If I edit the file before it is sent and replace the =LF with 2 spaces, then it
works properly.  I'm confident the issue is not in postfix.  However, I can't
find where it is.

-- Doug