Jason Hirsh via Postfix-users skrev den 2024-05-11 02:47:
I am running Postfix/Dovecot/MySQL mail server.   It was doing ok
until I tried to improve it., I

maybe just reboot ? :)

dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to triggerfish.theoceanwindow.com
[1][private/dovecot-lmtp]: Connection refused)

this is postfix trying to connect to dovecot, postfix works here

restart dovecot ?

I am pretty sure I did something wromnhg with TLS/SSL.   Ai was
working in certificates,   I have been at the so long my eye are
crossed

in most cases postfix have sanitises settings pr default, so when you add unsanitises settings in main.cf you asking for knowledge why its changed

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

remove this in main.cf

Any ideas or pointers or random thoughts would be appreciated

world is not random