Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote in
 <20240513204918.ga80...@spike.porcupine.org>:
 |This discussion seems of-topic for the postfix-users mailing list.

Yes, i apologise, and am silent now.

 |If you feel strongly about how email is authenticated, I suggest
 |that you join the relevant working group discussions while the
 |details are still mutable. Complaining about the final result is
 |too late, and publishing non-interoperable tech is unproductive.
 |
 |Frankly, I don't care how a digital signature is computed as long
 |as it is clear what it does and does not protect. All algorithms
 |will eventually become obsolete, though it may take 20 years. There
 |will be an opportunity to replace a bad algorithm with a better or
 |worse one.

Only to add that Matthieu Herrb, a (pretty widely known, decade
long) developer of OpenBSD and the freedesktop space, posted on
openbsd-ports@

  While on the subject :  https://16years.secvuln.info/

  The old Debian OpenSSL bug from 2006 still haunts DKIM signatures today

Unfortunately Google and Microsoft (and IETF etc etc) do not move
on to RFC 8463.  If they will not have done until fall i will try
to get the slim two digest variant of ed25519 through.

--steffen