Victor Duchovni:
> Even giving the parent list an "owner-parent" alias will not work,
> because when the child-list has no "owner-child" alias, the parent
> "owner" property is cleared.

So the "fix" is to provide an owner-alias for the child list.

There was a time when local(8) tried to implement accurate tracking
of who is responsible for what.  That went out the window when for
practical reasons when "frozen_delivered_to = yes" was introduced
(too many cleanup processes).

Having list mail lose the "list owner" attribute when it delivers
to a "child alias" seems to violate the principle of least surprise.

We could call this feature frozen_owner_alias, and make the new
default "yes" (i.e. don't lose the owner-parent alias when delivering
to an alias without owner-child alias).

This is similar in spirit to "frozen_delivered_to = yes" which
was introduced to stop undesirable behavior that resulted from
attempts to accurately attribute mail delivery actions.