Victor Duchovni:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 04:07:39PM -0600, Just E. Mail wrote:
>
> > I noticed that Postfix V#2.6.0 is now out. Does anybody know where to get
> > RPM files? GOOGLE did not help.
>
> If the purpose of using RPM files is to facilitate binary updates from
> distribution servers, wait until *your distribution* upgrades to a newer
> supported version of Postfix.
>
> If you incorporate your own Postfix into your O/S, why download some
> random stranger's binary RPM?
>
> Is there a real use case for binary RPMs not maintained by the
> distribution release engineering teams? What's wrong with the Postfix
> source, which is typically less likely to have ill-advised patches
> dropped into it?

Many platform-specific features are useful, but they haven't been
adopted into the official release primarily because of lack of
cycles (the code needs to be tested, and I can't realistically
build every release on every platform).

Ideally, the official release would provide non-broken versions
for these platform-specific features.