On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 11:40 +0200, Ruud v.d Burg wrote:
> Clunk Werclick schreef:
> > On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 09:16 +0200, Ruud v.d Burg wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i followed this guide for setting up postfix with virtual users.
> >> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-and-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-centos5.1
> >>
> >> After i finished i got several errors that i fixed but im stuck on this:
> >> Jul 31 05:09:49 localhost pop3d: chdir advies4you.nl/admin/: No such
> >> file or directory
> >>
> >> Im trying to log in with a account named ad...@advies4you.nl and this is
> >> what i get when i look at the /var/log/maillog
> >>
> >> Also, where does postfix store its data/email for the users?
> >>
> > Good morning Ruud,
> >
> > First of all the log line 'pop3d' is not Postfix saying that to you. It
> > is a pop/imap server which I guess is courier.
> >
> > That to one side, this will almost certainly be the wrong leading path
> > set somewhere *or* chrooting.
> >
> > I am sure that directory advies4you.nl/admin/ does not exists, but
> > /home/advies4you.nl/admin/ may do - so the leading directory is missing
> > somewhere.
> >
> > Postfix for example defines the top directory in main.cf like this;
> > queue_directory = /path/to/queue/directory/ {don't change this... just
> > for example}
> >
> > Dovecot Pop/Imap has:
> > mail_location = maildir:/path/to/mailbox/%h/
> >
> > I'm not familiar with courier imap/pop server but you will probably find
> > a similar directive in the configuration file that needs to be set to
> > point to the directory where advies4you.nl/admin/ can be found.
> >
> > There is also an outside chance that there is some chroot issue going on
> > here, but I would forget this until you prove that your popd is looking
> > in the right top directory.
> >

> Good morning!
>
> I only added the user in the mysql db. Is there any web admin panel for
> postfix that adds the user with mailx and in the mysql or something? My
> company currently has qmailrocks and here we use the web admin panel to
> add users. Is there something similair for postfix?
There may be, but I am not a user so I could not recommend one. Some
people speak of webmin but personally I have command line scripts to
manage my setup.

> main.cf points to queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
> But i cant find the config for the pop3 thing. I also manually created
> the advies4you/admin thing in the home/vmail folder (the home/vmail did
> exist) but that did not fix the problem.
I do not use that pop3 - I use dovecot so I cannot really help you.
However, a look at: http://www.courier-mta.org/pop3d.html refers to a
config file: /etc/courier/pop3d

Further use of google took me here which has some information I would
find useful if I were using that server:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/OLD/courier.txt

> I cant recall i edited any config that has mail_location either, or
> atleast i cant find it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ruud
Cutting to the chase here and not confusing yourself, the log error you
have specifically points to pop3d not being able to find your directory.
This is either because it does not exist or it is looking in the wrong
place. It is no more complex than that so do not confuse yourself. You
may be best to ask on a courier mail list.

If after solving your directory issues you have other Postfix issues be
sure to check back here for help.
C Werclick .Lot
Technical incompetent
Loyal Order Of The Teapot.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only to be used as an e-mail
and an attachment. Any use of it for other purposes other than as an
e-mail and an attachment will not be covered by any warranty that may or
may not form part of this e-mail and attachment.