ghe wrote:

On Aug 22, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Security Admin (NetSec) wrote:

Could someone provide links to sites where IP addresses are grouped by country? ASNs would work too but would prefer IP lists that I could put in a file that my postfix mail gateway could read. Obvious countries like China and Brazil I would like to block wholesale. Thanks in advance!

I haven't done anything but Asia yet, and I've implemented that with a perl / shell script that downloads the assignments from Apnic, filters on country code, and builds a shell script to block the nets in a Linux packet filter chain. It never gets to Postfix.

If you're interested in that approach, I'd be happy to share the code...

Thanks.  I would (coming in late to this thread) be interested.

\\||/
Rod