On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 07:16 +0100, Steve Heaven wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 00:27 +0200, mouss wrote:
> > Steve Heaven a écrit :
> > >

> > the old: "try to pass to next, until  final server accepts or rejects"
> > is n more acceptable. recipients must be checked at the "edge".
> >
> > postfix provides reject_unverified_recipient to help you for that
> > (assuming the next relay really validates the recipient).
>
> That's the problem. Most of our clients that we relay mail for run
> Microsoft SBS Exchange which doesnt verify probes. It accepts mail for
> any user and sends an undeliverable report back to the sender.

Are you saying that it is not possible to configure it to reject users
that don't exist at the SMTP level? Are you *sure*? So if you telnet in
to it and send mail for anyoldrubb...@domain.co.uk it accepts it?

I would be gobsmacked. Surely this is a simple configuration issue ?
C Werclick .Lot
Technical incompetent
Loyal Order Of The Teapot.

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only to be used as an e-mail
and an attachment. Any use of it for other purposes other than as an
e-mail and an attachment will not be covered by any warranty that may or
may not form part of this e-mail and attachment.