Preston Lord:
> Hi All,
>
> We are having an issue with postfix where some messages keep looping to the
> local recipient every hour or so. Servers that we consistently have trouble
> with are apple.com servers : in this example bz1.apple.com .
>
> I will post the details below, but the server bz1.apple.com sends them
> message fine, we receive it in the users account, but in the logs of
> bz1.apple.com it shows as unresponsive so it sends again a while later, and
> then again, and again, creating a loop.
>
> I have tried disabling amavis-new and postgrey and even adding the IP of
> bz1.apple.com  to mynetworks, all with the same result.
>

> Here is a debug log from 1 example transaction:

A few comments:

I would not look at this unless you turn off the debug logging.

It would also help if you could explain the relationship between
the different hostnames that appear in the logging.

The problem may originate on one of the other systems whose logging
is not presented in the problem report.

Finally, it appears that there are multiple messages in the log,
each having a different Message ID. With a loop, I would expect to
see the same message repeatedly.