On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 08:30:49PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> I just stubled across this thread:
>
>     http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/90005
>
> We could take a bold step and do it in two "main stream" MTAs,
> damn the torpedoes.

Is it worth the effort? Will enough SMTP clients whose messages
one may be inclined to partly reject actually support this extension?
If not, what do we gain by only being able to apply per-recipient
content-dependent policy to a small fraction of the traffic from
largely legitimate MTAs?

When would Postfix reply negatively for recipient "A" and positively
for recipient "B" after DOT? How would this be exposed to existing
proxy filters and milters?

It seems to me that the integration complexity is much higher than the
implementation complexity...

--
        Viktor.