Robert Krig:
> I've got a weird issue on one of my postfix installations that I can't
> explain.
>
> My postfix setup uses MySQL as an authentication backend, and the
> accounts are managed via Postfixadmin.
>
> All of our webservers use phpmailer to send out registration notices to
> users who register on our site. Now, there are plenty of other accounts
> on this mail server. Once in a while what happens, and ONLY with this
> one mail account which is used to send out registration emails, is that
> for no apparent reason SASL Authentication will stop working, but ONLY
> for that one account. All other accounts are happy to go about their

Why do you believe that there is a problem with SASL authentication
between the PHP application and Postfix?

Your posting provides no concrete symptoms (logging!) that would
allow the list to help you towards a solution. It is not unusual
for people to confuse authentication and encryption.

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail.

DO NOT TURN ON VERBOSE LOGGING until asked to do so. The default
Postfix logging may look like useless garbage to you, but it provides
a lot of detail that gets drowned out out when you open the firehose.