On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
<ralf.hildebra...@charite.de> wrote:
> * Ori Bani <orib...@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm curious to get feedback on the idea of mounting all the postfix
>> queue directories on a faster media (SSD drive in this case).
>>
>> In my case, I have virtual maildirs under /var/spool/postfix and those
>> would be relocated to elsewhere (onto slower normal media) because the
>> faster (SSD) media isn't in a RAID configuration (slower media is).
>
> Why are you storing maildirs in the queue directory?

I think it is a legacy thing from a very old how-to.  Note it's for
virtual accounts, so no /home directories.  What's the more standard
place to put them if I may ask?

>> Does that make any sense?  Is there adverse risk putting the queue
>> directories on non-RAID fast media?  Am I right to think that that's
>> where the most performance is to be gained?
>
> Yep.

Thanks.  Would it be OK to put everything in /var/spool/postfix on
fast media or do only some directories benefit from the speed
increase?