On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 08:41:31AM +0100, Angel L. Mateo wrote:

> El 16/02/12 16:35, Viktor Dukhovni escribi?:
> >On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:49:10AM +0100, Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> >
> >If your LDAP tables contain no "bare" (just the local part) address
> >lookup keys, you may consider using "%u@%d" instead of "%s" in the
> >query definition.  That could also avoid some unneeded lookups,
> >otherwise Postfix performs the lookups it needs to, and unless
> >you've failed to index your LDAP attributes appropriately, Postfix
> >is unlikely to be a significant burden on LDAP, nor is LDAP likely
> >to noticeably slow down Postfix.
>
>       Although I could refine this configuration changes, problem is not
> ldap indexes. I have all indexes created, openldap is answering all
> the queries postfix makes. The problem I'm trying to fix is that
> postfix is making lot of repeated queries. In the transactions I
> sent in my first email, in one transaction it makes 8 queries, 5 of
> then was the same query.

Some queries are repeated, this should have no significant impact.
Focus on overalll performance rather than optimizing non-critical
paths. Postfix is not monolithic, so cleanup(8) repeats some queries
made by smtpd(8), and in smtpd(8) some queries are repeated because
this makes the code more modular. This works well enough for a
large number of Postfix sites, it will work for you too if you
"don't sweat the small stuff".

--
        Viktor.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/don%27t+sweat+the+small+stuff