Am 18.08.2013 07:32, schrieb Theodotos Andreou:
> I went through the TLS Readme but I couldn't find a clear answer to the
> following question:

surely

since postfix in this case is the *xclient* here you go
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls

> Can you configure postfix in a way that it connects using TLS to another SMTP
> server, if TLS is available on the
> other side? For example if the destination server supports TLS then postfix
> opens a TLS connection to it.

cat /etc/postfix/main.cf | grep smtp_ | grep tls
smtp_use_tls                                        = yes
smtp_tls_loglevel                                   = 1
smtp_tls_cert_file                                  =
/etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
smtp_tls_key_file                                   =
/etc/postfix/certs/localhost.pem
smtp_tls_CAfile                                     =
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
smtp_tls_security_level                             = may
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer                        = yes
smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout                      = 3600s
smtp_tls_session_cache_database                     =
btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtp_scache
smtp_tls_exclude_ciphers                            = DES-CBC3-SHA

> Further more can this be done even if you have a self-signed certificate on
> the destination?

yes