Hello Peter and others,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Peter <pe...@pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> On 11/23/2013 12:38 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
> > /etc/postfix/header_checks:
> > /^To: \S+\.\S+\.\S+\.\s...@gmail.com <mailto:s...@gmail.com>$/i DISCARD
> >
> > /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf>:
> > header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> Header checks will certainly work, but it requires that postfix does
> deep inspection of the message DATA in order to and before it can reject
> the message.  You're much better off checking the envelope recipient
> with a check_recipient_access restriction.  This too can use a pcre
> table so you can match the recipient address against a regular
> expression with three dots, then postfix won't have to do deep
> inspection of the DATA packet, and can reject the mail at the RCPT TO
> stage before the DATA is even transmitted to postfix, much more efficient.

thank you! So I have moved the line

    /^To: \S+\.\S+\.\S+\.\s...@gmail.com$/i DISCARD

to the file /etc/postfix/access, but when I run

    # postmap /etc/postfix/access

I get the warning:

    postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/access, line 452: record is in "key:
value" format; is this an alias file?

postmap seems not to like the whitespace after "To:",
should I replace that space by \s+ as workaround?
Or can I somehow tell postmap (I've read its manpage,
but haven't find the answer), that it is a pcre database?

And another question is what directive to put into
main.cf to enable the check_recipient_access
for OUTGOING mails?

Regards
Alex