Am 23.11.2013 15:25, schrieb Kranti Kiran Patnaik:
> I am going to have atleast 5 servers now to share the load, how do i split
> the MX?
> Can you guide me, do you have any documentation?
>
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM, li...@rhsoft.net <mailto:li...@rhsoft.net>
>
>     Am 23.11.2013 13:39, schrieb Kranti Kiran Patnaik:
>     > Can someone share a very good postfix 2.10 installation guide for
> managing 2-5million emails per day? My current
>     > postfix is unable to handle such large volume as lot of emails are
> getting stuck in the incoming folder and thus
>     > the deliveries are delayed upto 2-3 days. My current postfix
> configuration is on the following platform
>     >
>     > OS: RHELRed Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga) 32bit
>     > RAM: 4GB
>     > Postfix: postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2, postfix-pflogsumm-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2
> (rpms installed which come through RHEL5.4)
>
>     for that high traffic you need *exremly* fast disks
>     which means a RAID with as much disks as possible
>
>     i would go so far to say you need more than one MX
>     to spread the load
>

> http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/2011/02/10/understanding-disk-i-o-when-should-you-be-worried

* don't reply off-list
* don't top-post

https://www.google.at/search?q=email+MX+round+robin

if you meant to *send* 5 Mio mails per day that is another story
forget it - you will hit all sort of rate-limits until you
can not spread the outgoing messages over differnt source
IP's - in that case no further support of me because i hardly
can think of 5 Mio *legit* mails per day which is not spam

> How do i take that information from my server? I am new to this,
> can you guide me

it is a bad idea if you are new in maintain a mailserver
start with such a big beast - that will not work