Is there a method to use IMAP to move messages to another account on another
server for which I have login credentials on delivery instead of simply
forwarding? Or would this be a question for the Dovecot list?

I am trying to get around various spam checking and DKIM failures for a local
user who uses gmail but whose address is on my server. She wants all her mail
to end up in Gmail, but forwarding it fails too often.

The other option that I am looking at is to enable POP3 so that gmail can
simply get the messages, but I haven’t allowed POP3 in ages and am reluctant to
do so now, though that is probably the simplest thing.

The user isn’t really savvy enough to manage two IMAP accounts herself.

--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.