On 7/22/2021 1:35 PM, White, Daniel E. (GSFC-770.0)[NICS] wrote:
Server 1 - MTA - Relay only - Postfix, Amavis, Spamassassin, Clam AV - No local
or virtual mail users on this server.
Server 2 - MDA - Where the Mailboxes Live - Postfix, Dovecot, RoundCube,
PostfixAdmin - All mail users are virtual.

Mail sent to the MTA wants to deliver to a local user on MTA rather than
relaying to MDA.
We get the  “User unknown in local recipient table” error, which makes sense.
What are the configuration settings that we have obviously missed that will
send the mail to MDA and NOT try to deliver mail locally on MTA ?

Here's the configuration tips:
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall

Maybe you need a transport_maps entry, or have the relay domain listed in mydestination.

If you need further help, we'll need to see configuration and logs

  -- Noel Jones