On 4/21/2022 3:34 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
I've seen this a few times with some companies. I'm expecting an email from, say, example.com <http://example.com>

They say it's bouncing. I check the logs and there's a RCPT 450 Sender address rejected: domain not found. The email is being sent from email.example.com <http://email.example.com>, but that subdomain doesn't exist, can't be pinged. This is a trusted sender, can I somehow whitelist this domain?

You're probably using the reject_unknown_sender_domain restriction.
Just above that, add something like
  check_client_access inline:{192.0.2.1=permit_auth_destination}
using the IP of the offending client

For more complete examples and how to integrate this in your setup, share your "postconf -nf" and the actual log entry.

  -- Noel Jones