New install of postfix on a freebsd 12.4 system.
I have milter-greylist installed, set up in main.cf as:

  milter_protocol = 6
  milter_default_action = accept
  smtpd_milters = local:/var/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock

The socket to milter-greylist is at:

$ ls -dl /var/milter-greylist/
drwxrwxr-x  2 mailnull  mailnull  512 May 23 19:27 /var/milter-greylist/
$ ls -l /var/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock
srwxrwxr-x  1 mailnull  mailnull  0 May 22 16:43
/var/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock

The directory and the socket file were originally rwxr-xr-x
permissions.  I had to change them to group writeable to get the
milter to work.

Is this the proper way to set this up?
Or should postfix be run as mailnull?
or???