J?r?me BECOT via Postfix-users:
> If I get it, the virtual alias change to another domain then the
> smtp_generic_maps change back to the original domain ? It works fine.
>
> I played with it and I'd like something generic because we don't have
> knowledge of all remaining adresses on the old mail.
>
> I can set the smtp_generic like this:
>
> @oldmx.abc.com @abc.com
>
> But I can't do the same for the virtual alias (it changes email in all
> my local users to oldmx.abc.com and sends directly to the old server).
> Is there a solution to map any unknown user without providing emails in
> virtual aliases ?

You will have to enumerate (all the the oldmx recipients), or (all
the abc recipients that should not be forwarded to oldmx).

1 - Enumerate virtual aliases for 'oldmx' users, as in my first response.

2 - All of the following: a) Enumerate all the abc users with 1:1
virtual aliases (u...@abc.com -> u...@abd.com),  b) use one wildcard
virtual alias (@abc.com -> @oldmx.abc.com) that forwards everything
else to oldmx.abc.com, c) use smtp_generic_maps as in my first
response, and d) use reject_unverified_recipient to avoid accepting
non-existent recipients.

        Wietse