The format of access maps and header_body_checks is:

     Key     Value
     ===     =====
     pattern action

As documented, there can be only ONE action per pattern, and there
can be only ONE match per table lookup.

I think my issue here is that I don't fully understand what constitutes a pattern or action and that I'm too unfamiliar with the terminology to comprehend the documented text. My understanding was that the "check_policy_service unix:private/policy-spf" would hand over key=value pairs, I would use that information to perform one spf-check, finalized by me returning all the headers I would want from my script with PREPEND (being one action).

And any following script in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions would have their headers added after mine.
Which would be this paragraph that we both quoted:

When more than one PREPEND action executes (as the result of more
than one table lookup), the first prepended header appears before
the second etc. prepended header.

Wietse Venema via Postfix-users:
The format of access maps and header_body_checks is:

     Key     Value
     ===     =====
     pattern action

As documented, there can be only ONE action per pattern, and there
can be only ONE match per table lookup.

When more than one PREPEND action executes (as the result of more
than one table lookup), the first prepended header appears before
the second etc. prepended header.
And policy lookups are just table lookups in disguise,
so the same rules apply: only one action per policy query.

I understood that the syntax is the same as for man access (5): https://www.postfix.org/access.5.html
As stated by https://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html:
> The policy server replies with any action that is allowed in a Postfix SMTPD access(5) table. Example:
>     action=defer_if_permit Service temporarily unavailable
>     [empty line]

//Anton