Cool and I see they had a release 5 days ago.  A quick attempt at compile I
wasn’t successful even using the

make USE_HEALPIX=0

I get error:

In file included from src/sparse.c:136:

src/sparse.h:69:5: error: 'INT' redeclared as different kind of symbol

   69 |     INT = 270,                     /* INT  */

      |     ^~~

In file included from C:/ming64/mingw64/include/minwindef.h:163,

                 from C:/ming64/mingw64/include/windef.h:9,

                 from C:/ming64/mingw64/include/windows.h:69,

                 from C:/ming64/mingw64/include/winsock2.h:23,

                 from
C:/ming64/projects/POSTGR~1/rel/pg16w64/include/server/port/win32_port.h:60,

                 from
C:/ming64/projects/POSTGR~1/rel/pg16w64/include/server/port.h:24,

                 from
C:/ming64/projects/POSTGR~1/rel/pg16w64/include/server/c.h:1375,

                 from
C:/ming64/projects/POSTGR~1/rel/pg16w64/include/server/postgres.h:45,

                 from src/sparse.y:4:

C:/ming64/mingw64/include/winnt.h:299:15: note: previous declaration of 'INT'
with type 'INT' {aka 'int'}

  299 |   typedef int INT;

      |               ^~~

src/sparse.h:70:5: error: 'FLOAT' redeclared as different kind of symbol

   70 |     FLOAT = 271,                   /* FLOAT  */

I didn’t look too deeply to see how to fix the issue, or if it’s just something
about my setup.

Normally these kinds of issues need some conditional handling for mingw64
and/or windows.  PostGIS has a couple of special handlings.

If you have any luck let me know.  I plan to take a look at it later either way.

Even though it doesn’t rely on PostGIS, I’d be willing to include it as part of
the PostGIS Bundle, or as a separate package under Windows Application Stack
Builder -> Spatial Extensions.

Thanks,

Regina