Dan Knight wrote:
<I'm just catching up on this month's digests and came across this
<fascinating thread about creating a bootable Compact Flash disk. I'm
<adapting the information for a Mac Daniel article to appear on Low End
<Mac on Tuesday.

<Which models have been able to boot successfully from such a setup? I see
<the 1400, 3400, and 5300 mentioned. What about the Blackbirds (5x0
<series), 190s, G3s, and TiBooks? I'd like to be able to provide a
<comprehensive list with the article -- thanks!

Blackbird does it splendidly!

No magic. Gotta have the card cage though.
I've a PB 520 with 20 MB RAM and a rev. B PCMCIA card cage.
I've used 32 and 64 MB CF in a very plain CF PCMCIA adapter.
Works with OS 7.5.5 and OS 8.1 even with all the bells and whistles.
Boots and runs very fast.
Does OT/ppp and cable internet and printing just fine.
Crashes at about the same fairly low frequency too.

I'd recommend a 128 MB CF so as to hold a few programs too,
and really make the thing fly like a spy plane.

What I really want to know is who has actually got an
Orinoco wireless card to work in the PB 5xx? I get messed
up in the software instalation and the PB says the card
is unrecognisable. Same card works fine in PB 3400.

Richard W.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:powerbooks@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:powerbooks-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>