We would appreciate any feedback we may get on this subject.

What detector is used at your site?  (Ludlum 44-9, window area of 15.51 cm2,
open area 12.26 cm2)

What is the type of screen is used on the detectors (Etched screen, Thickness
0.010" Open area 12.26 cm2)

What is the isotope used to calibrate GM Friskers your site? (Tc-99, Cs-137,
Co-60?)

What is the source construction? (Example, 47mm diameter, electroplated on
stainless steel disk)

What is the calibration distance between probe and source? (1/8", 1/4" 1/2" 1cm)

Is the distance reference between the surface of the probe, or the mica surface
of the GM tube?

What is the minimum efficiency allowed at that distance? (9%, 10 %, 11%)

What speed & distance, min & max, is allowed when technicians frisk an object?
(1-2" per second 1/2 "away)

What distance is used after contamination is detected (1/2")

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Wooldridge, Health Physicist
TVA - Western Area Radiological Laboratory
Muscle Shoals, Alabama 35661
(256) 386-3721
jwooldri...@tva.gov