On Jan 28, 2013, at 9:17 AM, Julius Bachnick wrote:

> thank you so much for your support so far! My current issue (and I admit it's
> a bit urgent ;)) is to listen to Changes in a Port Status of an OVS, for
> example if a port goes down or is disconnected.
>
> According to the POX Wiki this can be achievend through using
> openflow.discovery but I cannot find any example on how to use this.

Well, it depends what you mean by a port going down.  If you mean a port being
administratively downed, you can see this by listening for port events.  But if
you are looking for links which are dying/disappearing (e.g., cables cut), then
you  might want to use discovery.  The forwarding.l2_multi component uses
discovery.  Basically you just listen to it and it will raise events when links
are discovered/"undiscovered".

-- Murphy