I'm not that familiar with it, but I think BFD is configured entirely through
ovsdb.  In that case, you could do it out of band, or you could use the
experimental POX OVSDB interface to do it.  It's currently in my fork
(github/MurphyMc/pox experimental, I think), but it will probably be pulled
into the eel branch soon.

-- Murphy