Hi everybody,
I am very impressed with the ppower4 package and it's applications. It's great in connection
with pdflatex.

Unfortunately, I ran in the following problem recently and I have no idea how to fix it:
I generated a xfig figure with different layers and saved it in "Multi Metapost" (mmp) format.
Then I ran the command: mpost abc.mpp
Sure enough I get abc.0, abc.1, abc.2, ......

Now I'd like to use these multiple files in combination with the pause command
in pdflatex. I have a file that contains:

\input supp-pdf.tex
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\usepackage{pause,mpmulti}
.
.
.
\multiinclude{abc}
.
.
.

When I run pdflatex on this file I get the error message:

Latex Error: Unknown graphics extension: .0.

See the ......

l.91 \multiinclude{abc}

etc.

How can I "force" pdflatex to accept other extensions like ".0", ".1", ..... (only .png, .pdf, .jpg, .tif are generally accepted).

I have a very recent version of pdflatex/pdftex and xfig (RedHat 8.0) and downloaded the newest ppower4.zip from
Darmstadt.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Wolfgang