It also allows, compared to /, x (items) having a different shape than y
(accumulated result)

On Saturday, March 28, 2020, 07:19:13 p.m. EDT, Henry Rich
<henryhr...@gmail.com> wrote:

You can do whatever you need without Fold, but it has these features:

* iteration can be forward or backward through items of a noun
* initial value can be provided as its own argument
* early termination is allowed
* either one result for the whole iteration or a result item per iteration
** result of an iteration can be a subset of the complete internal state
passed to the next iteration
** results of individual iterations can be put into the overall result
or not
* iteration can be by item or on the entire argument until a condition
is met

Henry Rich

https://www.avg.com