This sentence gives me an error even without parens.

Looking closer, I see six left parentheses and seven right parentheses here:

   ({:`([:$:0 1&+)@.(9&<@{.)@(([:*/"."0@":@{.),{:))"1(|:@,:1:))50 25 33 22 293

Getting rid of the far right parenthesis gives me the result which you
displayed.

Meanwhile, you're using $:

And, incorporating (|:@,:1:) into the $: phrase changes the context of
$: which means that it also changes the definition used for evaluating
$: -- so you'll need to do something about that. There's several
possibilities, and using a name for the $: phrase is one of those.

I hope this helps,

--
Raul