Also,  perhaps unsurprisingly,
   ~.@:/:~ p
crashes jqt in my Windows 11 installation of J 9.5

Strangely enough,
   ~./:~ p
seems not to crash;  however the results are inconsistent, and usually wrong!

Bill's assertion about the bug being related to the Boolean
type appears to hold in this installation too.

As for Jios,  Ian Clark's app for iPhones & iPads,  effectively J9.03 beta k,

defining
   datatype p =. #: 4 | 10?10
boolean

leads to no obvious problems of consistency,  correctness,  nor any JE crash.

Mike