The point is that PATHSEP_j_ isn't defined by default when you boot up
a new session in J7. So it can't be counted on for
cross-platform/version development.

I don't have all the addons installed but a find in files on my
~system and ~addons folders only finds one place the noun PATHSEP is
assigned a value is in ~addons/ide/jhs/jfif.ijs where it is assigned
PATHSEP=: '/'