Perhaps part of the confusion between you and Chris is that you should
never have had the sentence <require'stdlib'> in any version of J that used
the the standard profile. This bad sentence happened to have no effect in
J6, but that doesn't meet it deserves special treatment in J7. I think the
fix is for you to remove this bad sentence from all your scripts and then
move forward.