On 06/21/2011 07:02 PM, drew wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 18:43 -0400, Webmaster for Lungstrom.com wrote:
On 06/21/2011 06:31 PM, Erich Christian wrote:
Hi Drew, *,

Am 21.06.2011 19:24, schrieb drew:
"http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/info/"; has a link on the
"dvd." page and it goes to an information page that looks like
internal information for the CMS server system.
Great - ok - well, I can go admin section now then and see what I can
do.
Let you know when It;s fixed
Well, I reset what I thought would fix this - but no luck.
This is really acting odd.
for instance if you try this URL
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/info
Well the 'homepage' of a site works best when the URL ends with ../home
although it 'should' work when it's defined as a homepage of a dedicated
url defined on the Behaviour tab - which does not always work as expected...

So I've changed it now to
https://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/home/
and things seem to work, pls check.
Hi Erich, Tim

@Erich - Thanks a BUNCH

(note the other error I mentioned in the PM seems to be fixed now
also...double thanks :)

Going to "https://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/home/"; gives me
the error information below.
It seems that Firefox, or some security system, does not like the
"security certificate" for that URL.
@Tim - It's working for me here, Firefox 4.0.1 and Chromium 12.0.7..
(both under Ubuntu 11.04), though I had to accept the certificate the
first time I hit the site.

//drew
Drew
I never saw that error screen before on Firefox. The system did ask about certificate, but like Florian said, the double sub-domain was an issue. Actually, having "northamerica.libreofficebox.org/dvd" would be a nice way, with "northamerica.libreofficebox.org" being an intro page like the front page of "http://libreoffice-na.us/"; is. That front page could tell people about the North American Community DVD project and then you could go to the DVD section from there.

Actually Ubuntu 10.04 just upgraded Firefox to 3.6.18. Last month Mozilla did not have 4.0 for Linux after my Windows laptop was upgraded to 4.0. Today the site had 5.0 for Linux. But the file "seems" to want you to run it via scripting lake the last one I saw for Linux. There was an article on znet? about why Firefox jumped so quickly to 5.0 after 4.0 came out. I may be able to find the link for you later, if you want to look at it.

It seems when I install Chromium, it takes over the browser defaults, even after I rerun the Firefox "make this the default browser" routine. So I removed it after I tried it.