On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 22:30:40 +0200, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> Jitsi instance <https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org> will require
> authentication (from our Single Sign-On platform).  Joining an existing
> room will remain possible without authentication.  “Guests” will need to
> wait in the lobby until someone opens the room, at which point they will
> be let in automatically.
> […]
> The rationale is to avoid our instance being abused and/or used for non
> TDF-related meetings.  For now creating a new room will be limited to
> TDF members

Had to rush that into production today.  Those of you who were following
LibOCon on our jitsi instance will most likely understand why.

Room creation is temporarily restricted to TDF *staff members* for now,
but we'll open it to all foundation members during the week-end once
the conference is over.

This is why we can't have nice things…  Sigh.

--
Guilhem.