We are using COTS library which is using pthread and a
number of other libraries which we can not recompile.
These libraries are calling a number of system calls
which there are pth replacements for.

Are there any problems using both pthread and pth in
the same program under linux redhat 7.3?

I assume that the libraries which are performing
non-pth system calls will influence the performance of
the process i.e. the other threads in the process? can
this be avoided? Can the fact that these libraries
perform non-pth system calls cause problems for pth?
and if so can these be overcome?

Thanks

http://shopping.yahoo.com