I compiled the test program, included with distro, and it appears that no
thread will start until a join is done on it. When I compile the test
program "test_pthread" with native threads the threads start after the
pthread_create call, whereas when compiled with pth threads, each thread
only starts when the join for that thread is done, and will not allow the
other threads to run until the previous join has completed.

Is this a bug, or does all the other thread packages behave incorrectly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i.e. my job depends on it.

Sincerly
Stephen Alstrin