From: Dachuan Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 3:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Function pointers as arguments to thread code?

Hi,

My apologies if this message appeared twice. I sent a previous one while
I was not a member and from the mail archive it seems that it did not
reach the list. My questions is:

When creating a new thread, a function pointer to the thread code is
usually provided together with some arguments to the function. I was
wondering how often are some of these arguments function pointers. Does
that happen in actual applications? Similarly, if a thread returns a
value when it terminates, how often is that value a function pointer in
practice? Thanks!

Dachuan

Automated List Manager (Majordomo)           [EMAIL PROTECTED]