Hello,

I'm a new pth user (started today! :) ), and am looking for a nice way to
implement a semaphore under libpth.  My application currently uses pthread's
sem_post/sem_wait functions, and I'm still wondering which of the pth's
functions is the proper one.

My app consists of a consumer/producer threads model, and they share a large
buffer.  I need that the consumer locks when there's no data.  The expected
production rate is very high (up to 150,000 items per second) and in form of
bursts.

Currently, I'm analysing:

        * pth_suspend / pth_resume
        * pth_cond_await / pth_cond_notify

For simplicity, as I'm not experienced pth user, I've chosen pth_suspend /
pth_resume functions.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

--