Hi,

I am having some problem in using linux signals with Pth threads.

This is what I have done

1. >From the main (), I have done a pth_init ().
2. Spawned two threads from the main(). These two threads just runs in a while loop with a small delay inside the while loop.
3. Registered a signal handler for SIGUSR1 signal from main(). I am using sigaction() system call for registering the signal handler.
4. main() does a pth_join() on the child thread ids.

Now from the signal handler for SIGUSR1 I am trying to acquire a mutex using the pth_mutex_acquire() call.
Whenever the signal handler is executed, the program crashes at the pth_mutex_acquire() call.

Does anyone have any idea about why it is crashing while trying to acquire a mutex from a signal handler ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vinu V
Disclaimer

"This message(including attachment if any)is confidential and may be privileged.Before
opening attachments please check them
for viruses and defects.MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree)will not be
responsible for any viruses or defects or
any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.If you have
received this message by mistake please
notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this
message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are
susceptible to change and MindTree shall
not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission."